SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Thursday, December 22, 2005

CHRISTMAS PAST

Christmas fifty years ago. To my knowledge this is the only picture Christmas card my family ever sent. It was 1955. Dwight Eisenhower was president, Chuck Berry and Pat Boone were at the top of the music charts. Albert Einstein died and Rosa Parks would not take a back seat on the bus. This was also the year that the first U.S. Advisors were sent to Vietnam. In 1955 you could buy a nice home for around $22,000, a Ford for $2,500 and stamps were 3 cents. You can tell from the picture that boys wore blue jeans with cuffs, and men skinny ties. From left to right, my brother Charlie, Me, mom is holding my brother Mark, and dad. It would be four more years before my sister Beverly would arrive to complete our family. Mom and dad have gone to their reward. I miss them most when holidays and special occasions come around. We never had allot of money, but they always made Christmas special. So if you still have your parents, be sure to give them a big hug this Christmas. They won’t always be around to make your Christmas special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home