SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Parting Christmas Thought

My son gave me a book of the quotes of Ben Franklin. While skimming through I came upon this one. Seemed to be fitting as another Christmas season passes. Ben said, "How many observe Christ's birthday; how few His precepts! O'tis easier to keep a Holiday, than Commandments." There is no threat from the baby in the feed trough. But the words of Jesus during the days of His ministery challenged men's hearts to follow Him regardless of the cost. They were called to leave family, livelyhoods and professions. Why was it so urgent? It was the Cause! It was the reason He came! The Souls of men hung in the balance. Is the cause less urgent today? I think not! He still calls for us to leave all and follow Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home