SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Lighten Up!

Even highly-trained medical professionals sometimes get in a hurry whenfiling their reports. The results: The baby was delivered, the cord clamped and cut, and handed to the pediatrician, who breathed and cried immediately. The skin was moist and dry. The patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch. The patient was in his usual state of good health until his airplane ran out of gas and crashed. I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy. Patient was alert and unresponsive. When she fainted, her eyes rolled around the room. The patient lives at home with his mother, father, and pet turtle, who is presently enrolled in day care three times a week. She is numb from her toes down.

AND FINALLY
An Australian nudist found what he thought was a deadly funnel web spider's hole, and he decided to deal with it, according to an April 3 Reuters story. So the 56-year-old man poured gasoline down the hole, then lit a match to try to kill the "offending arachnid." When the gas fumes exploded, the man was left with burns over 18 percent of his body, primarily the upper leg and buttocks area, according to medical technicians who treated him. Medical officials said the man's "lack of clothing probably contributed to the extent of his burns."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can always spend some time with my mother when I'm in need of some comic relief! Even though it's unintentional on her part... she cracks me up!

She always asks me to, "Raise that window down.."

Some ladies at church were giving a shower for a girl, and Mama told me they weren't having a meal, "just ah-derbs."

And she was talking about how we sing in the Church of Christ and said, "I love that aca-polo singin'!"

I could tell you some stories!!!

4/06/2006 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

Angie, My comic relief comes from family also. Barb was the only girl out of four children in her family. When ever we get together two of Barb's Sister-in-laws and I are always at it. We all leave bent over and sore from laughter.

One of them worships with us and we dare not sit side by side (-:

4/06/2006 10:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home