SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Mixed Thoughts

Our hearts go out to the Winkler family in the death of Matthew. I, along with you, keep asking the question, Why? We may never know. Matthew's grandfather, Wendell Winkler passed away back in October ending a long battle with cancer. Dan Winkler, Matthew's father, and his family are now dealing with death from a different perspective. I will never forget the words of my grand father at the death of one of his son-in-laws, " Parents should not have to bury their children." Grief has now touch this family from two directions. One expected, the other not even imaginable.

Of course the children have lost the most of all. "Father, hold these little ones so very close in the days ahead. Be to them the father they lost and the mother they need, but can not have."

---------------------------------------

I found another blog worth taking a look at. Greg Stevenson is now bloging. I don't know Greg but especially appreciated his post of March 24th. Take a look!

---------------------------------------

I have been invited back to Touchstone Fellowship to preach again on April 2nd. I am really looking forward to worshipping with these folks again.

---------------------------------------

Here is a great article in the area of outreach. Check out the link to Lion's Voice while you are their.

---------------------------------------

"Before we can begin to see the cross as something done for us, we have to see it as something done by us." - John Stott

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again... I've fallen behind on my blog reading/posting! So, I hope you run across my better-late-than-never comments!

The Winkler family is still on my mind. I remember selling Bible study books written by Wendell Winkler at Sunset and at 21st Century Christian. We're all family though... and I ache for what they're going through.

Oh, I can't wait to read up on Greg Stevenson's blog. Looks wonderful!

And I forgot about this... but another guy I worked with at 21st CC was involved with Touchstone. His name is Tom Tignor... though I'm not sure what part he played (I think he was there from the start) or where he is now.

The article on outreach was great too. I used to think I was mindful of people who don't have a relationship with God... but you have given me a better idea of what that looks like. I love how your mind always gravitates to the people who need God the most. Thanks for that! Speaking of postcards for outreach... I saw a funny one with a little old lady on the front, mouth wide open and hands on cheeks... It said, "Shock Your Mama! Go to church this Sunday!" Funny!

3/28/2006 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

Hi Angie,

I'll ask about Tom Tignor. That name doesn't ring a bell from our last visit, but a few families were out of town.

3/29/2006 01:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home