SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Sunday, March 12, 2006

QUIET THE STONE CONCERT - EXCELLENT!

ACAPPELLA really rocked the house last night. What a special group of young men devoted to the Lord. Durant, a new group also developed by Keith Lancaster, open the program. This is a new group of young people made up mainly of Madison members. They are also so very talented. Our own U-Turn Lavern of WLAC 1510 along with Cory Fleming of the Nashville Kats Arena Football team, and member of the Laverne Church of Christ, hosted last nights program. What a pair! The highlight of the night, as least for me, was when Keith Lancaster was introduced and sang two songs with his group. Boy, did that ever bring back memories. Keith began Acappella back in 1982, and they have gone on to become a leader in the acappella field of music. Barbara Mandrell used to sing a song, "I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool". Well Keith was Acappella when acappella wasn’t cool. We are so blessed at Madison to have Keith as our Worship minister, but last nights performance raised the house! If Acappella comes your way, go see them. You will be blessed. If you would like more information on Acappella and their future concert dates and available music check out their site.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Madison... Hey, I didn't know that's your home congregation! I used to live in Nashville and worked at 21st Century Christian. I know I've heard one of my co-workers talk about Madison... I think it was Martha O'Brien. She was my cubicle buddy while I worked there. Just wondered if you knew her...

Oh, yeah... the A Cappella memories!!! Better Than Life, Set Me Free, Travelin' Shoes, Prime Time... WOW! I would love to hear this group too. Not sure if I'll make it to Tulsa this year. I know they'll be there.

So Keith is your worship minister. I'm sure that is a blessing!

Thanks for sharing... and bringing those great memories to my mind too!

3/12/2006 07:39:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

While you worked at 21st. Century Christian I am sure you ran into Jimmy Orand. My wife and I grew up with Jimmy and his wife Shirley and went to the Greenbrier Church of Christ, now Greenridge Church of Christ,in Greenbrier, TN.

I saw from a post on another site that you were apart of the AIM Program. Freda Pope, now Winebarger, was a member of one of the early AIM programs. She married Dennis Winebarger, PR guy for the International School of Evangelism in Pontiac Michigan where I taught for a period of time back in the mid 70's. AIM is a great program.

3/13/2006 08:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know Jim O!!! It's so neat to make these connections!

I recognize the name Freda (Pope) Winebarger... though I can't say I know her, but we do share a history with AIM!

Thanks for mentioning those folks! Now WE know each other a little better as blogging buddies!

:-)

3/13/2006 03:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home