SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Monday, March 06, 2006

Learning To Laugh

The following is by Landon Saunders. A critical part of winning is learning to laugh. It takes a long time to learn to laugh – some people say it can take as long as forty years. I know I've laughed a lot more since I've turned forty! I've read that, in some Zen monasteries, the novices are trained in laughing. When they first get out of bed in the morning, they have to stand up immediately, get in this clownish stance, and then laugh as loud and as hard as they can laugh – at themselves. As I read that, I thought, "I don't think I've ever done that." As I thought about it, I couldn't remember whether I had ever laughed immediately upon awakening. I thought, "I'll try it. "Well, the first morning, I forgot! But the next morning I remembered it. And as soon as I woke up, I got up, got into the most ridiculous position possible, and laughed -just as loud and as deep as I could. It felt a little awkward and strange, but it sure woke me up. Afterwards, I walked lightly across the room; I felt lighter all day. Do you ever imagine Jesus and the apostles sitting under an olive tree just busting a gut laughing? Sam started laughing during his prayer once and I stopped and laughed with him. I told him that God just had to be funny because we are made in His image and what is it that we want to do or make someone else do..laugh!I wish you all laughter today. Just start laughing at the oddest places and see what people do

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Lee! Thanks for the LAUGH! Seriously, that was just wonderful. I'm smiling really big even as I write this!

I left a follow-up comment on my blog for you (it's still there), but then I decided to come visit... and I'm so glad I did!

I'm looking forward to doing some back-pedaling and checking out your previous posts.

Lovingly,
Angie

3/07/2006 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

Thanks Angie! Stop by anytime. Glad I found your blog. Very encouraging!!

3/07/2006 04:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home