SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Friday, February 24, 2006

Homecoming Mourns the Loss of a Dear Friend

If you are a fan of southern Gospel music, you will be familiar with the name Bill Gaither. His "Homecoming" concerts are held all over the US and the world for that matter. I just receive word last night that Anthony Burger, piano player for these concerts and the Gaither Vocal Band, died suddenly during a concert on a cruise ship of an apparent heart attack on February 22nd. Anthony was only 44 years of age and leaves behind a wife, two children a family that loved him dearly, and many devoted fans. Over the last several years a number of the older members of the "Homecoming" group have passed away. But Anthony was really just in his prime.Without question he will be missed. Our prayers are with his family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home