SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Catching Up

Our time at Madison is always special, but this past Sunday was over the top. In Bible class we were introduced to Jim Cymbala through a video presentation on prayer that Jim had delivered some time ago. To say that it was powerful would be a gross understatement. Jim is pastor for the Brooklyn Tabernacle in inner city New York. He is not seminary trained, no degrees, and for the most part self taught. (Something I can relate to). His wife directs their now famous choir, although she has never studied music. This amazing couple began their ministry, "ignorant and unlearned", but with a total trust in the God they sought to serve. While we might differ in our understanding of scripture on some things, his lesson on prayer was not one of them. Jim’s lesson was based on the words of Jesus when He cleansed the temple, "my house shall be called a house of prayer". It was without question the most powerful lesson on prayer I have ever heard. Worship followed with great singing, prayers and Phil’s lesson was a continuation of a series he began last week entitled "The God You Are Looking For... Phil and Kim are doing such a great work at Madison. We are on the grow again, and the level of spirituality I don’t think has ever been greater. ****************************************** One of my work associates had open heart surgery yesterday, and I spent the day at the hospital with the family. Tim at the young age of 45 had three by-passes, and a valve replaced. Fortunately there was no heart attack to bring on the need for surgery, so he should feel like he received a new heart when all is said and done. Surgery went well and at last account he was hoping to be in a room before to long. As I sat in St. Thomas’ large waiting area filled with families waiting to hear some news concerning their loved ones, I was struck by the range of emotions flowing in that room. One moment the sound of sobbing and concern for the future, and then in another area cheers went up at the good news they had just received. To think, that this goes on day in and day out 24/7 365. ******************************************* Our snow from the weekend is now gone, and we are to be in the 60’s for the next couple of days. What a roller coaster the weather has been this year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee Hodges said...

For those who might be interested in obtaining a copy of the Video by Jim Cymbala I refered to here is the link:
http://www.brooklyntabernacle.org/bookstore/category.cfm?cID=505

2/15/2006 12:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Jim Cymbala! His books and sermons are incredible. What a passion for God! I visited Brooklyn Tabernacle and was blown away by his humility and down-to-earthness.
I also love Keith Greens's music, I am a huge fan. Are you familiar with him?

I am a musician and I would be honored if you would check out my music. All music on my site is free for downlad. Anyway, just thought that I'd share.

Thanks,
-Sean
________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All music on my site is free for download."

6/27/2006 01:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home