SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Thursday, February 02, 2006

GOD'S LIMIT

One of my friends sent me an email the other day that listed different people who had mocked God and then died. Here are a couple example from the email: JOHN LENNON:Some years before during his interview with an American Magazine, he said: "Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today we are more famous than Him" (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times CAZUZA (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):During a show in Canecão ( Rio de Janeiro ), whilst smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: "God, that's for you." He died at the age of 32 of AIDS in a horrible manner. Did God cause the premature death of these men? I don’t know, and the writer of the email doesn’t either. Is it possible? I think so. In fact there is a biblical president found in Acts 12:20-23. Herod in all his royal garb came before a crowd that began to say he had a voice like god. Because he did not give God the glory, he was eaten with worms and died. So it does make you wonder. So much depends on the true state of the heart. Something that only God knows. I have often said I had rather see a man stand and shake his fist toward heaven and be angry with God, than deny that He exists. There is hope for the first, but without any faith at all, there is no hope for the second. I do believe that there is a limit with God. Whether we are talking about an individual or a nation, there is a point when God says that is it, that is enough. Sodom and its sister city were burnt to a crisp for their wickedness. NBC is at it again. I am sure they are still smarting from the cancellation of their series, "The Book Of Daniel". Now an episode of "Will and Grace" will push the limit a little more. Donald Wildmon reported, "On the April 13 edition of NBC's Will and Grace, Britney Spears will appear as a Christian conservative sidekick to Sean Hayes' homosexual character, Jack, who hosts his own talk show. Jack's fictional network, Out TV, is bought by a Christian TV network, leading to Spears contributing a cooking segment called "Cruci-fixin's." To further denigrate Christianity, NBC chose to air it the night before Good Friday. " What is the limit with God? I don’t know, and I for one don’t want to know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lee Hodges said...

So true Laurie. He is longsuffering not wanting any to be lost.

Thanks for stopping by!

2/03/2006 09:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home