SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

What's The Zip Code For Steeler, PA??

The folks in Washington, PA are what you'd call hard-core football fans.As evidence of their support for their favored team in Super Bowl XL, the mayor and council voted unanimously to change this city's name, according to a Jan. 28 AP story. Welcome to Steeler, Pennsylvania. According to AP, "The name change for the city of about 15,000 people south of Pittsburgh will last through Feb. 5, the day of the football game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Seattle Seahawks in Detroit. "I know the folks in the state of Washington are rooting for the Seahawks, so we wanted to make sure everyone knows the city of Washington is fully in support of the Steelers," Mayor Kenneth J. Westcott told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. If you're sending a letter to anyone in Steeler, however, you'd better continue addressing them to Washington, since the name change is not recognized by the U.S. Postal Service. They must be Seahawks fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home