SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Just Let Them Go??

"A prophet's quarrel with the world is deep down a lover's quarrel. If they didn't love the world, they probably wouldn't bother to tell it that it's going to hell. They'd just let it go." (Frederick Buechner, Wishful Thinking) As I read this quote the words of an old song came to mind. "Why did my Savior come to earth, and to the humble go? Why choose a lowly birth, because He loved me so". I am afraid it will always be a mystery to me - why He loved me that much. A greater mystery is that those touched by such love would remain so quite around those without hope of a life beyond this one. How can such divine love be grasped, but then not shared with those without it? Surely those saved by such wonderful grace could not, would not, "Just let them go."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home