SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Friday, March 10, 2006

Questions To Ponder

Don't you just love southern English. Ponder is a great southern word. The more up-pidy would spend their time in meditation. I'll stick with my pondering. So here are two question to ponder. Feel free to comment if you like, but most importantly - ponder, or meditate if you must. What are you seeking to do in your life that without God will be impossible? The second is similar, what is your church seeking to do that without God will be impossible?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to break the old habits of limiting God's work in my life to my own abilities. Such a false sense of security - relying on self.

I needed to be asked those questions. They'll definitely occupy my mind throughout this weekend.

Sure hope you have a good one, Lee. Thanks for your heart... you're a real man of God! :-)

3/10/2006 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

Thank you Angie. That was very kind. I am at one of those turning points in my life and those questions help me to focus on my walk. We say with Paul that we walk by faith and not by sight, but I have to admit, I am more comfortable walking by sight. The sad thing is, that life is not nearly as rewarding and we miss so many blessings that way.

I want my life to be lived in the spirit of Zech. 4:6ff- "Not by might, nor by power but by my spirit says the Lord"

Speaking of hearts, I can tell He has yours, and that makes me smile real big (-:

3/12/2006 02:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home