SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

It Is Not About The End Of The World

In a recent post entitled, "The Great Reign Robbery", I touched on the problem of seeing the Kingdom of God as a future event and not a present day reality. I want to continue that thought a little more. The Kingdom of God is not about waiting for the end of the world. As I stated in the above mentioned article, I believe that the Kingdom of God is a present reality. Jesus sits on the throne TODAY AND FOREVER! If you and I belong to Him then our lives should give testimony that we are children of royalty. We are not paupers, begging for a handout from the world. We can and should live with the authority of Jesus. Our confidence and assurance should cause us to look at our world with hope. We are here as God’s ambassadors of hope and grace! The letters of the New Testament are filled with exhortations of how we are to live in a depraved world. While our world today has it challenges, it is no where close to the New Testament world’s depravity. Jesus and the Apostles constantly speak of our high and lofty position in Christ. They challenge us to be a positive influence on the people we touch and rub shoulders with. We are a bright shining city on a hill. We are to be "Salty", we are to be "Light" to break up the darkness. We are to be "ready" to tell the hopeless why we are hopeful. It is not about some coming earthly kingdom, it is about the Kingdom we Reign in NOW! There are a whole host of people out there banking on a second chance when the only chance is in the hear and now. What may be almost as sad is that there are a host of Christians that have all but thrown in the towel and believe that a "soon coming Lord" will straighten it all out, and they bide their time waiting for the Lord to return. Their prayers are, "Lord come quickly?" and not "Lord Send Me." "Father forgive our inability to see our position in Christ. Forgive us for not acting like your children. Forgive us for hoarding the grace you have bathed us in. Help us Lord to live like the King’s kids we are."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Great post, Lee! And it reminds me of my favorite Christian music artist - Sara Groves - who has a new CD out that's on this very topic. I think what she says about it goes right along with your thoughts...

"In my mind the new album is about the kingdom of God, how it really does exist, and is as real as your car or your krispy kreme donut, your family, your problems. If we can figure it out, God has invited us to live in His kingdom in the midst of our regular existence. It is not a place of isolation and perfection, it is not far away where we cannot reach it. It happens at all the places where we intersect with each other. I hope the album is another reminder that the kingdom of God doesn't just come in the rally or worship event. It comes when I speak respectfully to my husband, and refrain from letting my anger spill over onto my kids, when I have an opportunity to gossip and refrain, when I open up my home, when I mess up royally, and have the stuff to go apologize, when I refuse to blame everyone else for my problems. These songs are about the beautiful character that grows out of seeing people through by loving God, and loving people."
– SARA GROVES

It's just what you said about how our lives should give our testimony!

3/08/2006 02:23:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

So true Angie. It is all about finding where God is working and joining Him in what He is doing in the lives of those around us.

The album sounds great. I will have to look into it.

3/08/2006 02:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home