SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Saturday, April 08, 2006

VIOLENT WEATHER YESTERDAY

Yesterday will be forever etched in the minds of those of us who live in Middle Tennessee. A total of 13 tornadoes ripped across the state leaving destruction in their wake. Eleven dead and numerous injured at last account. (More Pictures) At one time there were tornados to the north and south of where I live. I watched the news coverage and during a rare break between storms made a bee line for my son's home where all my grand children had been gathered. Other family members were in safe locations when the main touch downs occurred. Not since the "big" tornado of 1998 have we seen so much destruction up close and personal. Normally you see pictures of trailer homes destroyed during a weather out break like this. One twister touched down in a Gallatin subdivision destroying to the foundation numerous 250-300 thousand dollar brick homes. The newly constructed Metro Baptist Church just off of I-65 in Goodlettsville had severe damage to the sanctuary, but the rear of the building that housed 30+ day care students was spared. Since we moved back to Tennessee about eight years ago, it has been a little strange. It is like "tornado alley" moved to the east a few hundred miles. This year is beginning like six of the last eight years have been.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have two friends who lived in that subdivision in Gallatin. They both lost their homes. I still can't believe it.

4/11/2006 01:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home