SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

How Is Your Glass?

How do you view the glass? Half full or half empty. The past few weeks have been filled with attacks on long held beliefs, statements filled with sensationalism and hyperbole. "Jesus Didn't Walk on Water, Judas Was a Hero, Evolution 'Proved,' Prayer Doesn't Work …" to mention just a few - thanks Angie for the link. It would be easy to join the "Chicken Little" crowd and run through the street proclaiming that the sky is falling, or Armageddon is upon us, but as I mentioned in yesterdays post, there is a great deal of reason for hope if we are prepared. Could this be a sign that the powers of evil are frantic, that maybe things are changing and the unseen battle has swung to the side of the Christians? Sunday we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord. Do we remember that just when everything looked the blackest, Jesus walked out of that tomb. Depressed and dejected by the events of Calvary, look at those disciples back in their fishing boat. Depression had set in and they returned to what they knew. Why? Why would they do that? They we looking at events and had not understood the Word of the Lord. I have a feeling that we can be allot like them from time to time. This is not the time to go underground and deepen our isolation. It is a time to Shine!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful and very insightful thoughts... I know that personally I always feel a strong force of evil attempting to surround the times of my greatest spiritual growth. Could be the same thing on a larger scale.

But as always, Jesus arises victorious!

4/16/2006 07:34:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

It is so great to know how the story ends! Even in death, we win!!

4/17/2006 07:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home