SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Death of Zarqawi and Legalism

The two things mentioned in the title of this post really have nothing to do with each other. Zarqawi is dead, and I am glad. I hope that doesn't sound unchristian to you. I was going to write this eloquent post about it, and then I read Patrick Mead's post for today, and well, he said it better than I would have so, have a look. Legalism is not dead, but I wish it was. Apparently a legalist took an anonymous pot shot at Jeff Garrett and his response in his post for Friday the 9th. of June was so simple and too the point. Jeff is a recovering alcoholic, a minister, and a wonderful Christian. I love his attitude, and again his comments are so much better than mine would have been, so take a look. You know, now that I look back, as I close these thoughts, maybe there is a common thread that binds the Zarqawis and legalist of our day. An absence of Love.

1 Comments:

Blogger PatrickMead said...

Thanks for your kind words and for pointing me to Jeff's eloquent post. God bless the encouragers among us -- and that means you, Lee.

6/10/2006 04:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home