SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Soapes Reunion 2006 Today

Reunions are a blast. Most families don't have them any more. The only time, other than reunions, you get to see a large number of your relatives at once is at a funeral. Reunions are allot more fun! My mother's maiden name was Soapes, so the reunion today is from her clan. Edgar and Orpha (Stone) Soapes had six children. Four are still living and will more than likely be at the reunion today. My Grand father used to say he performed a miracle when he married my grand mother. He turned Stone in to Soap-es. We called my grand parents Pop and Sissy. My grandmother never wanted to be called grand--anything, so she tried to get all the grand children to call her sister. The closest the first grand children ever got to saying sister was sissy, and that stuck. The clan is aging. One of my aunts, three of my cousins and myself all turned 60 last year. Won't be long until we are the leaders of the clan. It will be a fun day. Reunions kinda give you a hint at what it will be like for the BIG Reunion one day when we are all with the Lord. Boy, is that ever going to be something!

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

Human reunions are great, but spiritual reunions that last forever are far too sublime for my meager mind to comprehend.

6/03/2006 02:17:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

So many wonderful unknowns await us.

6/03/2006 08:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home