SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Least Of These

I posted the following song on my blog a year ago. Apart of being incarnational is often caring for those we would consider "The Least Of These" That is the title of Michael Wallace's song. I’ve Seen Innocent Eyes Cry Innocent Tears They did not deserve their hunger They did not earn their fears I’ve seen single mothers Struggle to leave the past Trying to balance children With jobs that will never last And I’ve seen their hope disappear And I’ve seen their eyes filled with fear But I’ve walked right by With my hands in my pockets And my head down to the ground Cuz they don’t’ look like I do And they don’t talk like I do And they don’t act like I do They sure don’t smell like I do You see I have not done unto the least of these And so I have not done unto you I’ve seen prostitution Spilled out into the streets They’re willing to sell their bodies For anything to eat I’ve seen an alcoholic Fall down upon his face No better than this self-righteous Christian In the freedom of God’s Grace And I’ve seen their hope disappear And I’ve seen their eyes filled with fear But I’ve walked right by With my hands in my pockets And my head down to the ground Cuz they don’t’ look like I do And they don’t act like I do And they don’t talk like I do They sure as hell don’t smell like I do You see I have not done unto the least of these And so I have not done unto you (Dual Post can also be found at: Rabboni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home