SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Monday, June 12, 2006

"End Of The Spear" Debuts Tomorrow

The is such a powerful movie. If you didn't see it when it was in theaters back in January, or even if you did, the DVD will be available tomorrow -- buy it and share it. The sacrifice of these men and their families is a story that NEEDS to be told. Here is the announcment: Worlds collide and tragedy strikes as a missionary group journeys to the heart of the Amazon jungle in search of the Waodani, a tribe of fierce warriors on the brink of extinction due to revenge killings. When five of the missionary men are speared to death by tribesmen, their families are left husbandless and fatherless. Undeterred by their tremendous loss and spurred on by hope, the families decide to remain in Ecuador, and risk living among the Waodani. But the effects of that first encounter have yet to subside: A young boy, struggling to unlock the secret of his father’s death, must learn to accept a tragedy he cannot change in this powerful true story of sacrifice, courage, and reconciliation. Available on DVD from Fox Home Entertainment starting tomorrow (June 13), End Of The Spear takes viewers deep into the heart of darkness to discover that faith and forgiveness can transcend the senseless acts of violence that stand in the way of cultural understanding. Use this powerful true story of forgiveness and reconciliation for ministry, outreach, or simply to share with your friends and neighbors. Go to your local video retailer, or visit the following links to purchase End Of The Spear DVD's tomorrow: bestbuy.com , walmart.com or amazon.com ! Share the story that has touched the hearts of thousands around the world! DVD Special Features:The End Of The Spear DVD features both widescreen and full screen versions of the film, and is presented in English Dolby Surround 5.1 with English and Spanish subtitles.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee! My friend! My, how I've missed your blog! I will love catching up on all you've written while I was away. I've skimmed... but your posts require more than that to be really enjoyed!

I never did see the movie End of the Spear, though I own a DVD of the documentary and was blessed to actually meet Steve Saint and Mincaye after a Steven Curtis Chapman concert. Mincaye spoke no English, but we definitely spoke the same language when we hugged!

That story has profoundly affected me. There's just something special about seeing God weaved through those generations... how He turned unhappy endings into life-changing beginnings.

My love deepens when I think about it...

6/12/2006 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

Yeeee Hawww, she's back! Missed you girl. This movie is a must see, especially if you have seen the documentary. I learned of this story through the book with the same title of my Blog - in fact the book is where I got the title for this blog. I first read it back in the early 70's and it changed my life and was a motivating force for my going to work in mission areas.

When the movie came out they just did not have the kind of dollars you need to promote a movie and I don't think it has been seen by that many folks.

6/13/2006 09:49:00 AM  
Blogger believingthomas said...

well, we just all have to get together some time. Angie introduced us to the incredible story of those so sold out for Jesus and I think I introduced her to Rob Bell. So I know we would all have a great time talking. Lee, I am glad you are enjoying velvet. I thought it was really good. My belief is that Rob has a gift of packing lots of truth in a very few words.

6/13/2006 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

T, I first heard of Rob Bell through his Nooma site where I ordered one of his DVD that just blew me away. I think that the reason Rob is so powerful is that he has been able to step our of his paradigm (box) and see things with a fresh look. As a result he helps us step out of the box and see what he is point toward.

You are right, we all need to get together. My brother lives in Long Beach, MS and we have been talking about taking a trip to see them. Maybe we could make a stop along the way and see you guys.

6/13/2006 11:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm ALL about a get together! Please watch for opportunities to make that happen! Count me in!

6/14/2006 12:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home