SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Saturday, June 17, 2006

It Was Thirty Years Ago

Thirty years seem like such a long time ago. Gerald Ford was president and Jimmy Carter is elected to replace him. The US celebrates its bicentennial, marking the 200th anniversary of its independence. George W. Bush is arrested and fined for driving under the influence of alcohol. Cincinnati Reds won the World Series. Filming begins on George Lucas' Star Wars. Charlie's Angels and The Muppet Show premiere. And last by far from least, my dad went home to be with the Lord on June 20th - Father’s Day - 1976. Tomorrow will be the 30th. Father’s Day without him. The picture is a four generation picture - I am the little guy (-: From left to right, Miles William Hodges, Great Grand Father. Marion Ollie Hodges, Grand Father. Thomas Lee Hodges, Sr., Father. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

3 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

You are fortunate to have a photograph of so many generations of the Hodges family.

It's never a good time to lose one's father, but Fathers Day seems especially bad.

6/17/2006 01:46:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

Larry,

Yes, we are fortunate to have not only this picture but many like it. It is great to be able to put faces on your ancestors.

Dad would have been 49 on his birthday in August following his death. Seems so young as I look back now at the age of 61 myself.

6/17/2006 09:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great picture! You've changed, Lee! :-)

Oh, I can't imagine how proud your dad would be of the man you are today!

6/19/2006 12:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home