SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Friday, June 16, 2006

When I Get Where I am Going

I think that I have mentioned before that I sing with a group from Madison for funerals. We sang for one today. We sang old favorites like, "Amazing Grace" and "I'll Fly Away". But today the service opened with a recording of the Brad Paisley song, "When I Get Where I Am Going". The lyrics touched me so that I thought I would share them with you for my post today. When I get where I'm going On the far side of the sky The first thing that I'm gonna do Is spread my wings and fly I'm gonna land beside a lion And run my fingers through his mane Or I might find out what it's like To ride a drop of rain [Chorus] Yeah when I get where I'm going There'll be only happy tears I will shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these years And I'll leave my heart wide open I will love and have no fear Yeah when I get where I'm going Don't cry for me down here I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy And he'll match me step for step And I'll tell him how I missed him Every minute since he left Then I'll hug his neck So much pain and so much darkness In this world we stumble through All these questions I can't answer So much work to do But when I get where I'm going And I see my maker's face I'll stand forever in the light Of his amazing grace Yeah when I get where I'm going There'll be only happy tears

1 Comments:

Blogger Lee Hodges said...

inwordguy, Thanks so much for sharing. Dad's influence in the lives of others was very much one on one. He loved people and I think that is what made him a great Elder.

No doubt it was Steve Saint, son of Nait Saint and Mincaye that you saw at Starwood. They have traveled extensively through out the country promoting the movie in preparation for it's release back in January of this year. "Shadow Of The Almightty" changed my life and gave me a mission focus I had not had. It was also the inspiration for the Title of this blog.

You comments are so appreciated. Thanks Again!

6/18/2006 06:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home