SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Rejoicing With The Angels

My oldest grand daughter, Emily, obeyed the gospel last night. I can remember holding her for the first time when she was just weeks old. She was the first grand child, so that experience will always be special, but not as special as last night. I have baptized a lot of people through the years, but last night will always stand out among them all. Paul didn't remember all those he baptized, off the top of his head, and I can relate to that, but I will never forget last night. Emily begins the fourth generation of Christians on my Dad's side of the family, and the fifth on my Mom's side. She has been talking to us about this decision for about a year now. She has given it a lot of thought. I know she is young and has a lot of life ahead of her -- a lot to learn and deal with, but she is off to a great start. Oh, for those who read my post from yesterday--he was there too, and I am glad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home