SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What Do You Remember??

My sister-in-law, Linda Allen, was manning the ticket sales table for "Uncle Phil’s Diner" at church on Sunday. She is playing one of the lead roles as Phil’s mom. That is her bent over in the poster with the top of her head showing. One of her better poses I might add (sorry Linda, I couldn’t help myself). While we were talking she mentioned that she was the only one in the drama that really remembered the 50’s. That got me to thinking. What do you remember about the 50’s? If you were in a later generation what have you heard, seen or been told that causes you to think warmly about that period? I’ll start. Poodle skirts, greasy hair, jeans with cuffs and no holes, drag racing, fender skirts and cheap gas. Now its your turn. Hey! Don’t forget if you need help with tickets, give me a shout. Times and dates of performances are on the poster. Click on it to enlarge if you need too - all you "older" readers. (-:

2 Comments:

Blogger believingthomas said...

Ahhh the 50's. I don't remember them.

I did watch Beaver and Andy Griffith. Does that count?

4/20/2006 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

Yep, that counts. Life was so simple - everything was in black and white (-:

4/20/2006 03:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home