SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A True Gentle-man And Servant Of The Lord

A week ago today Fred Bare departed this life and went home to be with the Lord that he had served for so many years. During my first full time work in Glen Rock, Pennsylvania back in the early 70’s I had the honor of appointing Fred as one of the first two elders for the church in Glen Rock. He and Irene were substitute grand parents for our children, and a tower of strength to Barb and me in our first preaching ministry. Fred was married to Irene for almost 59 years. He was a builder by trade and loved to play volley ball. Originally from Piney Flats, TN, Fred moved with his father Dewey to Glen Rock, and they with a few other families began to meet as the church of Christ in Glen Rock. Fred was retired and he and Irene split their time between Florida and Pennsylvania. He only recently learned of his cancer and it took only a matter of weeks to take his life. Our love and prayers are with Irene and the children left behind. We rejoice that he is now with the Lord that he loved and served for so many years.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This man was one that you thought would just always be there. It's hard to believe he's gone. I'm so glad we were able to be at the 50 yr reunion at Glen Rock a year or so ago and was able to see him. My thoughts and prayers are with the family too.

Joyce

6/21/2006 05:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home