SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Friday, May 05, 2006

Random Friday

You may have seen him recently in "Outback" restaurant commercials, but did you know that Alice Cooper is now a believer? Yep, the same Alice! "I used to celebrate moral decay, the decadence of it," he admitted in the KNAC.com interview. "I can look back on what I did then and what I'm doing now and they're two different things. But at the time I was the poster boy for moral decay, you know. So yeah, I've got a lot to be forgiven for ... out of ignorance, I thought I was doing the right thing. I was totally in agreement that every guy should sleep with every girl and drink as much as they can. I don't believe that now. I don't believe in it, because I see how destructive it is." Check out the rest of the article here! ------------------------------------ Mother's day is just around the corner. If you are looking for gift ideas you might be inspired by these kids: Angie, 8 years old, wrote: "Dear Mother, I’m going to make dinner for you on Mother’s Day. It’s going to be a surprise. P.S. I hope you like pizza & popcorn." Robert wrote: "I got you a turtle for Mother’s Day. I hope you like the turtle better than the snake I got you last year." Eileen wrote: "Dear Mother, I wish Mother’s Day wasn’t always on Sunday. It would be better if it were on Monday so we wouldn’t have to go to school." Little Diane wrote: "I hope you like the flowers I got you for Mother’s Day. I picked them myself when Mr. Smith wasn’t looking." And how about this one from Carol? "Dear Mother, Here are two aspirins. Have a happy Mother’s Day!" --------------------------------- Ben Overby works in a ministry with soldiers at Ft. Benning, GA. I just received a report of the work there from over the last four months. Here is a link to the report. The Gospel is changing lives here! ---------------------------------- If you would like to see pictures of the Ladies in my life and our grandchildren, here is a link to Mother's Day pics taken recently at Madison. ---------------------------------- We have a busy weekend and week ahead of us. I start training for a new job position on Monday so I am not sure how all this will effect my ability to blog. Time will tell.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK... I sure didn't know that about Alice Cooper (haven't seen those commercials either), but it's so great to know he isn't afraid to speak out about the changes he's made in his beliefs and his life.

Seriously, I have totally planned a surprise dinner for my mom for Mother's Day, so when I read "Angie's" plans... I thought you'd been spying on me!

GREAT pictures of the girls... You really are quite the "ladies' man!"

New job position... sounds WONDERFUL. And please... blog WHENEVER you can! I'll take whatever I can get - even if it's just an occasional crumb!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR BLOG! You'll always be in my list of favorites!

5/05/2006 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

Thanks for your continued encouragement Angie. I can't keep my big mouth shut, so I'll blog - for sure.

Ben, This was in reference to my secular job situation. I have been on the road for a few years now and this will be an office position. I'll drop you a note about the other.

5/06/2006 06:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home