SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Worth Sharing

Loneliness: In the movie The Hiding Place, one scene portrays Corrie Ten Boom telling the Lord she wants him to use her in whatever way he pleases, even if it means in obscurity. Soon after that, she is taken prisoner by the Nazis, along with her father, from whom she is separated. Her father dies in the death camp, and then she is forcibly removed from her beloved sister. The Nazis shove Corrie into a cold, damp cell in Germany. As the scene closes, she is lying in a corner, shivering. And with tear-filled eyes she whispers to the Lord, "But God, I didn't know I would have to be alone." (Rick Ezell, One-Minute Uplift) Life observations from little ones: STEVEN (3) hugged and kissed his Mom goodnight, saying: "I love you so much, that when you die I'm going to bury you outside my bedroom window." BRITTANY (4) had an earache and wanted a painkiller. She tried in vain to take the lid off the bottle. Seeing her frustration, her Mom explained it was a childproof cap and she'd have to open it for her. Shocked, the little girl asked: "How does it know it's me?" SUSAN (4) was drinking juice when she got the hiccups. "Please don't give me this juice again," she said. "It makes my teeth cough." DIANA (4) stepped onto the bathroom scale and asked: "So, how much do I cost?" MARC (4) was carefully observing a young couple hugging and kissing in a restaurant. Without taking his eyes off them, he asked his dad: "Why is he whispering in her mouth?" CLINTON (5) was in his bedroom looking worried. When his Mom asked what was troubling him, he replied, "I don't know what'll happen with this bed when I get married. How will my wife fit in?" JAMES (4) was listening to a Bible story. After his dad read: "The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city but his wife looked back and was turned to salt," James asked: "What happened to the flea?" TAMMY (4) was with her mother when they met an elderly, rather wrinkled woman her Mom knew. Tammy looked at her for awhile and then asked, "Why doesn't your skin fit your face?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee Hodges said...

Ben,

Thanks for sharing that with us. What great lyrics too.

6/28/2006 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

Here is another tid bit I ran across today..

According to a recent study by the American Sociological Review, Americans are lonelier, more isolated than similar studies reported two decades ago. In 1985 the average American had three people in whom they could confide matters important to them. By 2004, that number had dropped to two, and 25 percent of those surveyed had no close confidants at all. The percentage of people who confide only in family climbed from 57 percent in 1985 to 80 percent in 2004. - Source: USA Today (June 23, 2006)

6/29/2006 08:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home