SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1,2

My Photo
Name:
Location: WESTMORELAND, Tennessee, United States

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

New Travel Woes

I mentioned in a comment to an earlier post that I have been in training for a new office position at my company. While this has taken me off the road traveling all over the US, it has put me back into the morning rush. I had forgotten what a pain it was to fight that morning traffic. Here are some thoughts for those in the same boat. * Freeway congestion is getting so bad, you can change a tire without losing your place in line. * All across the country rush hour traffic is bumper to bumper. The next thing they'll be selling is anti-perspirant to put under your car's fenders. * Traffic is always heavy in both directions. There are just as many people trying to get to whatever you're trying to get away from. * You have mixed feelings when you see an opening in rush hour traffic. You're glad for the opening, but you wonder who died. * It's useless to print roadmaps anymore. You just get on the highway and go wherever the other cars take you. * The only way to get home from work on time is to take the day off... even then, you're cutting it close. * Traffic is so bad nowadays, a pedestrian is someone in a hurry. * You can sit on the highways forever. In fact, some places have little exit ramps where you can pull over and make a car payment. * During rush hour the only way you can change lanes is to buy the car driving next to you. Honk Honk! Until next time (-:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not miss that one bit! It'll be some great time for you to contemplate what you're gonna blog about though! ;-)

5/10/2006 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Hodges said...

Angie, funny you mention that. It was in traffic that I thought about blogging about traffic. Great prayer time too. And the really great thing, there is always someone behind you to remind you that the traffic is moving again (-: Do we live in a great world or what?

5/10/2006 09:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always look on the bright side of your life! :-)

5/10/2006 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Heavy traffic is a great equalizer (rich and poor, we're all stuck,) and an excellent method to determine just how we're progressing on the road to being patient.

5/11/2006 02:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home